Terms and Conditions, effective from June 2020
General Booking Information
- Arrivals are from 3.00pm and departures are before 10.00am. Key access details will be forwarded to you upon full payment.
- Car parking is next to all accommodation.
- A welcome tea tray will be in your accommodation ready for your arrival
- Bed linen and towels are included in the price, based upon the number of persons booked.
- All utilities are included in the price, subject to a generous fair usage policy.
- Pets are welcome by agreement at an extra charge of £25.00 per pet. Pets must not be left unattended in the accommodation and the Hirer is totally responsible for that pet. An enclosed croft area is available adjacent to the lodges and extensive woodlands for their enjoyment. When outside, all pets must remain under the Hirers control at all times. Local kennels can, by arrangement with them, take your pet for short or long periods.
- A barbecue area and Pizza Oven is available by the lodges
- We operate a no smoking policy inside any accommodation, for the benefit of all guests.
- The usual practise for self-catering is to leave the accommodation clean and tidy on departure, which enables us to devote more of our time to prepare for the next guests. If this is not possible, an additional cleaning service is available at £30.00
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Variations to the prices, terms and conditions of this booking must be made by written agreement.
- No responsibility is accepted for any loss or personal injury. Vehicles and personal property are at the Hirer’s risk at all times.
- Each accommodation is designed to comfortably sleep a specific number of persons. Additional persons must be by prior agreement with the Owners and an extra charge of £25 per person may be made.
- The properties are used as holiday accommodation and are exempt from the security of tenure provisions under the Rents Act or any statutory re-enactment.
- No element of tenancy shall arise in any circumstances from any booking made.
- A 33% (minimum £100 for non-online bookings) non-refundable deposit is taken at the time of booking. This covers the Owners admin and associated costs and can only be considered refundable in the event that the property becomes unavailable due to circumstances which can be reasonably thought to be within the Owners control.
- The balance is due 8 weeks before the Hirers arrival date. If the full balance has not been received by the date due, the Owners reserve the right to cancel the Hirers booking and re-let the accommodation.
- Cancellation/travel insurance is commercially available and is strongly recommended. The owners will not be the insurer of the last resort if independent insurance has not been obtained or fails to pay out.
- If the Hirer cancels the booking after the balance is due and paid (i.e. within 8 weeks of intended arrival date), the Owners will attempt to re-let the accommodation. If successful, the balance will be returned less the extra administration costs associated with that booking.
- If the Hirer cancels the booking more than 8 weeks before the intended date arrival, the balance is no longer payable by the Hirer and the deposit is retained by the Owners.
- If the Hirer changes the dates of the holiday before the balance due date and this change is accepted by the Owners, it is subject to a £30 admin charge per accommodation. If the Hirer needs to change the dates of their holiday after the balance due date, this change, and the associate costs will be discussed on a case by case basis.
- The charging of any electric vehicle, using mains power, may only be done once written permission has been given by the Owners and there may be an additional cost for this, based on the charging requirements.
- Disturbance. The Owners reserve the right to vacate persons from the premises should the Hirers:
Remain longer than the allotted time.
Cause a disturbance to the Owners or other Hirers.
Behave offensively or in such a way so as to cause Health and Safety risks to themselves or others.
- The Owners also reserve the right to require the Hirers to vacate the premises in the event of any breach of the above Terms and Conditions.
- The Owners reserve the right to charge the Hirer for extra cleaning, missing/broken items or damage. To this end, a security deposit may be requested upon booking/arrival.
Additional clarification and Terms and Conditions, effective during pandemic
To ensure compliance with any short-term measures put into place by the UK Government the following Terms and Conditions are in place in addition to our standard Booking Terms and Conditions.
- The person making the booking, ie supplying their contact details is deemed by us to be the customer.
- Given that that legal requirements with regard to social mixing can change with little notice we expect that you take out suitable third party cancellation insurance. Also, it must NOT be assumed that Helme Pasture will be the ‘insurer of last resort’ should your insurance fail to pay out for whatever reason or you neglect to take out suitable insurance.
- Helme Pasture can only consider refunds or rescheduling of dates when we have been instructed to close by the UK Government over the period of your booked dates.
- Each property MUST be made as a separate and distinct booking.
- At our discretion, we may offer to delay the balance payment due date until more clarity is known with regard any lock downs or restrictions in place which may stop the holiday from taking place
- When multiple bookings are made utilising adjoining properties (ie Fern Crag and Stone Croft), we will aim to open these up into a single property on customer request and only if the ‘rule of 6’ or similar is not in effect at the time of your scheduled arrival date. This will ensure your holiday still has the best chance of compliance.
- If UK legislation at the time of your scheduled arrival prohibits household mixing, this is for you manage entirely. It is not within our ability to investigate where people live or who they mix with.
For the avoidance of doubt, ‘Helme Pasture’, ‘owner’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ etc refers to the property owners. ‘You’, ‘Your’, ‘hirer’ or ‘customer’ etc refers to the person making the booking
To make a booking we require two things from you:
1) Completion of our booking form - https://www.helmepasture.co.uk/booking/
2) Deposit or full payment as applicable.
Once we have received the above and funds have cleared, we will acknowledge the booking by email (or post if no email available). On receipt of your full or final payment, we will email (or post if no email available) confirmation of this along with details on how to access the key to the property. If you do not receive this information, please initially check your SPAM folder and if not found, contact us. This information is important and you must bring it with you in order to access the property as we may not be on site when you arrive which could cause you an unnecessary delay.
We will only contact you in response to either an enquiry or booking made by you. We will NOT share, sell or in any way distribute your personal information to any third party. We will not send you any further marketing information unless in response to a specific request by you.
Noramlly we have a comprehensive pack of useful contacts etc within the accommodations, however, during the Covid-19 outbreak these have had to be removed as they cannot be easily cleaned between guests.
An electronic PDF version containing the most crucial information can be found here, although bear in mind that we have no control over the opening of any of the shops, premises or services contained within it:
Welcome booklet - July 2020.pdf
Click here to return to the Booking Form