Self-catering Lodges and Cottages – Nidderdale, Yorkshire Dales
Terms and Conditions, effective from 01/07/23
General Booking Information
a) Arrivals are from 16.00 and departures are before 09.30. Key access details will be forwarded to you by separate email after receipt of full payment. If this email is not received within 72 hours of making the final payment, check your SPAM folder before contacting us.
b) Free car parking is available next to all accommodations.
c) Bed linen and towels are included, based upon the number of persons booked, unless other arrangements are agreed at the time of booking.
d) All utilities are included in the price, (subject to a generous fair usage policy), unless other arrangements are agreed at the time of booking.
e) We operate a strictly no smoking policy inside any accommodation.
Booking Terms and Conditions
1) Variations to the prices, terms and conditions of this booking must be made by written agreement.
2) No responsibility is accepted for any loss or personal injury. Vehicles and personal property are at the Hirer’s risk at all times.
3) If any items are broken / missing items or damage of note is found on arrival it is the Hirer’s responsibility to make the Owner aware at the earliest opportunity.
4) On departure, it is standard practise to leave self-catering accommodation as found and to return any items moved to the location found on arrival. While we do not expect you to do the work of our cleaners we do reserve the right to make an additional charge of £30.00 per hour in instances where a significant amount of additional cleaning is required over and above our normal time allocation.
5) The Owners reserve the right to charge the Hirer for missing/broken items or damage made during the Hirer’s stay.
6) Power and heating – we ask that you are thoughtful during your stay and try to minimise use to reduce your CO2 footprint. We do operate a ‘Fair use’ policy based on expected usage throughout the year and reserve the right to make additional charges in instances where expected usage has been significantly exceeded.
7) Each accommodation is designed to comfortably sleep a specific number of persons. Additional persons must be by prior agreement with the Owners and subject to an extra charge of £30 per person.
8) Regarding points 4-7 above, a security deposit may be requested upon booking/arrival and our online Stripe booking system enables us to debit additional payments after departure. Should we need to do this, we will always try to discuss the matter with you beforehand
9) The charging of any electric vehicle (EV) on the owner’s premises using an extension lead from a household socket is NOT allowed as it invalidates our insurance. EV Charging MUST be done using the purpose designed EV charger. This is an extra chargeable service and separate Terms and Conditions are available covering EV charger use.
10) The properties are used as holiday accommodation and are exempt from the security of tenure provisions under the Rents Act or any statutory re-enactment and no element of tenancy shall arise in any circumstances from any booking made.
11) A 30% (minimum £100 for non-online bookings) non-refundable deposit is taken at the time of booking. This covers the Owners admin and associated costs and is non-refundable if a cancellation is made by the Hirer.
12) The balance is due 8 weeks before the Hirers arrival date. If the full balance has not been received by the date due, the Owners reserve the right to retain the deposit paid, cancel the Hirers booking and re-let the accommodation.
13) PETS – While this is aimed primarily at dogs, applicable points extend to any other type of pet.
a) Pets are welcome by agreement at an extra charge of £25.00 per pet per stay
b) The Hirer is totally responsible for that pet and for any damage done by any pet to the Owners property or effects.
c) Pets must not be left unattended in the accommodation unless securely held within a suitable commercially available pet enclosure.
d) Pets must remain under the Hirers control at all times.
e) Pet fouling must be picked up without delay and properly disposed of by the Hirer.
f) It is the responsibility of the Hirer to bring food bowls, bedding etc with them to the property
g) The Hirer must not allow any pet onto any beds, sofas, chairs, or other soft furnishings belonging to the Owner
14) CANCELLATIONS – made by either the Hirer or the Owner
a) Cancellation/travel insurance is commercially available and is strongly recommended. The owners are not an insurer of last resort if independent insurance has not been obtained or fails to pay out.
b) If the Hirer cancels their booking more than 8 weeks before the intended arrival date, the balance is no longer payable by the Hirer and the deposit is retained by the Owners.
c) If the Hirer cancels within 8 weeks of the intended date of arrival, the Owners will attempt to relet the accommodation. If successful, the Hirer will get a refund of the amount raised by the new booking, minus, the amount that would have been paid as a deposit, ie 33% of the total cost of the original booking.
d) If the Hirer requests a change to the booking date before the balance due date and this change is accepted by the Owners, this change is subject to a £30 admin charge per accommodation. If the Hirer needs to change the dates of their holiday after the balance due date, this change, and the associate costs will be discussed on a case by case basis.
e) In the event that the Owners cancel a booked holiday, the Owners will fully reimburse the amount received from the Hirer to the Owner, for the Owner’s accommodation which is no longer available to the Hirer. The owners will not be liable for any other costs associated with the Hirers holiday.
15) The Owners reserve the right to vacate persons from the premises should the Hirers:
a) Remain longer than the allotted time.
b) Cause a disturbance to the Owners or other Hirers.
c) Behave offensively or aggressively towards other Hirers, Owners or anyone else whilst on the Owners premises
d) Cause or present a Health and Safety risk to themselves or others.
e) Any other breach of these Terms and Conditions.
N.B. For the avoidance of doubt, Hirer is the person booking the holiday accommodation; Owner is the owner of the holiday accommodation.
We will only contact you in response to either an enquiry or in relation to booking made by you. We will NOT share, sell or in any way distribute your personal information to any third party.
Click here to return to the Booking Form